Software By Subscription
ReturnClient software is offered on a monthly subscription basis (after the initial 4-month period).
Your subscription fee grants you access to the functional use of all of the Code compliance
adjustments/results (but not source code itself), maintenance releases, and support services for
each month of paid service. Subscription licenses take the guesswork out of your software
budget. There are no lengthy contracts or confusing update policies. We reserve the right to
suspend service(s) and subscription(s) for improper use or as we see fit.
Each license is concurrent, meaning it limits the number of active users allowed in the software at
the same time. For instance, if you subscribe to 2 concurrent licenses, you may have an unlimited
number of users but only 2 may access the software at the same time. Our licensing allows the
use of terminal services, remote desktop, and virtualization.
Certain network configurations can limit functionality. If you have issues with any sending of
messages/campaigns, please contact our support department and they will be happy to assist
All your information is secure and private
All data and content that is a result of the Return Client system and processes are secure and
only accessible to the client, who they give permissions to and Return Client Managers. No
specific company information, including data, passwords, and other details will be distributed or
accessible beyond the previous grouping described. We will not sell your data.
Canceling your ReturnClient Subscription
If you no longer wish to subscribe to the ReturnClient System, after your initial 4-month period
has ended - simply provide a 30-day notice to cancel your subscription by email to your
ReturnClient representative. You will have full access to your data until your current subscription
Because this is a month per month subscription there are no refunds. As soon as you request to
cancel the subscription we cancel the service unless you want to keep it for the remaining 30
days. You only pay for what you subscribe for.
Terms & Conditions
Last updated on May 14, 2020
By signing up for the ReturnClient recurring billing service ("Service") or any of the services of
Return Client, Inc ("ReturnClient") you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and
conditions ("Terms of Service"). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service
shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of
Service at any time, here. ReturnClient reserves the right to update and change the Terms of
Service by posting updates and changes to the ReturnClient website. You are advised to check
the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Terms of
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please
read the Terms of Service for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using
ReturnClient or any ReturnClient services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to
occasionally check back for updates.
1. Account terms
1. You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where
you reside or from which you use this Service.
2. To access and use the Services, you must register for a Services account (“Account”)
by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address,
and any other information indicated as required. ReturnClient may reject your application
for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
3. You acknowledge that ReturnClient will use the email address you provide as the
primary method for communication.
4. You are responsible for keeping passwords to any related ReturnClient service secure.
ReturnClient cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to
maintain the security of your account and password.
5. You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos,
graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected,
generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection
with your Account (“Materials”).
6. A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole
discretion of ReturnClient will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don't use ReturnClient for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that
with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service.
If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2. Account activation
1. Subject to section 2.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting
party ("Account Owner") for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person
who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account
Owner in connection with the Service.
2. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be
the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then
you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms
3. Upon completion of sign up for the Service, ReturnClient will collect your credit card
and store it on a secure server.
4. If you do not wish to continue using the Service, it is your responsibility to provide a
contact ReturnClient with a 30-Day notice in the form of a written cancelation request to
cancel the Service.
3. General conditions
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this
1. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via
email and scheduled appointments (phone or video conference).
2. The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws
of the State of California and the laws of the United States applicable therein, without
regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit
to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California with respect to any
dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service. The United
Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to
these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
3. You acknowledge and agree that ReturnClient may amend these Terms of Service at
any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on the
ReturnClient Payments website, available at https://returnclient.com/privacy-policy/ and
such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your
continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to the
ReturnClient Payments website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the
amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service,
do not continue to use the Service.
4. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in
the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to
copyright laws) as well as the laws of the United States and the State of California.
5. The Service in some cases provides “API Credentials” (the secret key and access token
that allows you to make authenticated requests to the Service API). You are solely
responsible for the activity that occurs using your API Credentials and for keeping your
API Credentials secure.
6. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the
Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written
permission by ReturnClient.
7. You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google
AdWords), or domain names that use ReturnClient Payments, ReturnClient Apps,
ReturnClient or ReturnClient trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
8. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support@ReturnClient.com.
9. You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be
transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b)
changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or
devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
10. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service, including information
The ReturnClient Service belongs to us. You are not allowed to rip it off or use it for any
illegal or sketchy purpose.
Your Materials may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card
information is always encrypted.
4. ReturnClient rights
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at
2. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
3. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and Accounts containing content
that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous,
defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's
intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
4. Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any
ReturnClient customer, ReturnClient employee, member, or officer will result in immediate
5. ReturnClient does not pre-screen Materials and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or
remove any Materials that are available via the Service.
6. We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise
of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that
ReturnClient employees and contractors may also be ReturnClient customers/merchants
and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential
information in doing so.
7. In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request
documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include
but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government-issued photo
ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
8. ReturnClient retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account
ownership and transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably
determine the rightful account owner, ReturnClient reserves the right to temporarily
disable an account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel, or refuse the service at any time.
In the event of an ownership dispute over a ReturnClient account, we can freeze the
account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5. Limitation of liability
1. You expressly understand and agree that ReturnClient shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not
limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses
resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
2. In no event shall ReturnClient or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special,
incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our
services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to
indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, ReturnClient
partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand,
including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your
breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference or your violation
of any law or the rights of a third party.
3. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an as is and as
available basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
4. ReturnClient does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or
5. ReturnClient does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the
Service will be accurate or reliable.
6. ReturnClient does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or
other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your
expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement, or go against the
rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is as is so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
6. Waiver and complete agreement
The failure of ReturnClient to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of
Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service
constitutes the entire agreement between you and ReturnClient and governs your use of
the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and ReturnClient (including,
but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
If ReturnClient chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not
mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any
previous agreements between you and ReturnClient don't apply if they conflict with these
7. Intellectual property and customer content
1. We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the
Service. All Materials you upload remain yours. You can remove your Services store at
any time by deleting your Account.
2. By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your
Materials; (b) to allow ReturnClient to display and store your Materials; and (c) that
ReturnClient can, at any time, review all the Materials submitted by you to its Service.
3. You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to a Services store; however,
by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your Materials. You are
responsible for compliance of Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
4. We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in
the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any Materials or
information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information
does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it;
(b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we
received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality
obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
5. ReturnClient shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names,
trademarks, service marks, and logos associated with your store to promote the Service.
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility.
8. Payment of fees
1. A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment
gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live
payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
2. The service will be billed in 30-day intervals (with a minimum of a 4-month contract that
can be canceled after that time period with a 30-day written notice). When your billing
period is over the Account Owner will be sent an invoice via the email provided. As well,
an invoice will appear on the account page of your ReturnClient administration console.
Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
3. All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other
governmental sales, goods, and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now
in force or enacted in the future (Taxes).
4. If you are resident in the U.S., Taxes may apply to your subscription to or purchase of
some or all of ReturnClient's products and services, including without limitation, your
subscription to or purchase of ReturnClient's eCommerce services, point-of-sale services,
point-of-sale equipment, apps, Themes and domains (Taxable Offerings). Any applicable
Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S billing address you provide to us, and
will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such
amounts are in addition to fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to the credit
card you use to pay for the Taxable Offerings. If you are exempt from payment of such
Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal
requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after
the date, we receive such a certificate.
5. If you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S., and not subject to Canadian Goods and
Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or
purchase of ReturnClient's products and services, you must provide us with a statement
by email to support@ReturnClient.com stating that:
(i) you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S.;
(ii) you are not GST/HST registered; and
(iii) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you
were not physically present in Canada when ReturnClient's products and services were
made available to you.
6. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location
address. If you do not provide such information, you will be charged for Taxes applicable
to your subscription to or purchase of ReturnClient's products and services, which will be
billed to your credit card until after such time that you provide us with the information
described above. To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other
legal entity, and your location of usage changes to a place in Canada or the U.S., you
must advise us immediately by email to support@ReturnClient.com.
7. ReturnClient does not provide refunds.
For live payment gateways, a valid credit card is required. You will be charged every 30
days your base fee and percentage fee. Tax is not included and will be billed to your
credit card. No refunds.
9. Cancellation and termination
1. You may cancel your account with a 30-Day written notice after the initial 4-month
period by emailing support@ReturnClient.com and then following the specific instructions
indicated to you in ReturnClient's response.
2. Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- ReturnClient will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to
access your Account;
unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds
of any Fees, pro-rata or otherwise;
any outstanding balance owed to ReturnClient for your use of the Services through the
effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and
your store website will be taken offline.
3. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the ReturnClient service for any reason,
without notice at any time.
4. Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, ReturnClient may suspend or terminate
your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow
investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the
To initiate a cancellation, give a 30-day notice after the initial 4-month period by emailing
support@ReturnClient.com. ReturnClient will respond with specific information regarding
the cancellation process for your account. Once the cancellation is confirmed, all your
content will be permanently deleted, and domains purchased through ReturnClient will no
longer be automatically renewed.
We may change or cancel your account at any time with a 30-day notice. Any fraud and
we will suspend or cancel your account.
10. Modifications to the service and prices
1. Prices for using ReturnClient are subject to change at any time and without notice from
2. ReturnClient reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any
part thereof) with or without notice.
3. ReturnClient shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price
change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at any time, without liability.
ReturnClient's Payments Service does not handle "Card Data" (defined as a cardholder's account
number, expiration date, and CVV2) as we do NOT receive or store cardholder data. We provide
a checkout page that sends "Card Data" to your merchant processor directly at time of checkout
processing. We then receive a token that represents the Card Data but does not contain the
Primary Account Number. We use this token to perform charge processing, and never receive,
store, or use Card Data to perform processing.
12. Optional tools
1. ReturnClient may provide you with access to third-party tools over which ReturnClient
neither monitors nor has any control or input.
2. You acknowledge and agree that ReturnClient provides access to such tools as is
without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any
endorsement. ReturnClient shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to
your use of optional third-party tools.
3. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and
discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on
which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
4. ReturnClient strongly recommends that merchants seek specialist advice before using
or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only
and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates
merchants should charge end users.
We are not responsible for third-party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them
you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
13. Legal responsibility
ReturnClient assumes no responsibility nor warranty regarding meeting applicable disclosure
requirements in your customer communications and notifications, including but not limited to
state and federal requirements. You are solely responsible for keeping such disclosure
requirements in compliance with applicable authorities.
Make sure you provide in relevant email notifications the necessary subscription-related
disclosures for state and other authorities that require them.
14. Privacy & Data Protection
ReturnClient is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and the
personal information of your customers. By using the Service, you acknowledge and agree that
ReturnClient's collection, usage, and disclosure of this personal information is governed by our